Some Sort Of A Leak From The Rear Of My Car?

Ujw

2017 A4 1.4 Sport TFSI (50k on the clock)

I've noticed this stain on my driveway, it's been there for a while now and never really got time to get round to it. I've taken some photos

Any help/advice would be great, I have 0 CLUE about anything like this, I have no clue what component that is or anything. But that tray thing looks stained.

Thanks

leak6.jpg

leak5.jpg

leak4.jpg

leak3.jpg

leak2.jpg

leak.jpg

2 hours ago, Ujw said:

2017 A4 1.4 Sport TFSI (50k on the clock)

I've noticed this stain on my driveway, it's been there for a while now and never really got time to get round to it. I've taken some photos

Any help/advice would be great, I have 0 CLUE about anything like this, I have no clue what component that is or anything. But that tray thing looks stained.

Thanks

leak6.jpg

leak5.jpg

leak4.jpg

leak3.jpg

leak2.jpg

leak.jpg

Hi is it a Quattro, if so its probably the Haldex unit sprung a leak, if not I would still be having the cover off for a peek as that looks like some sort of transmission fluid.

Steve.

16 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi is it a Quattro, if so its probably the Haldex unit sprung a leak, if not I would still be having the cover off for a peek as that looks like some sort of transmission fluid.

Steve.

Hi, nope not Quattro

1.4 Manual FWD 

Edited by Ujw

Just now, Ujw said:

Hi, nope not Quattro

1.4 Manual FWD 

Hi still worth looking under the cover/car to see where its coming from before whatever is leaking terminates itself, it could be a small leak from further towards the engine which is blowing down to the back of the car, like all cars Audi are not infallable and they spring leaks mine has done it a good couple of times since I have had it.

Steve.

1 minute ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi still worth looking under the cover/car to see where its coming from before whatever is leaking terminates itself, it could be a small leak from further towards the engine which is blowing down to the back of the car, like all cars Audi are not infallable and they spring leaks mine has done it a good couple of times since I have had it.

Steve.

Will take it in and do that for sure

Do you know what that part is? Is it just a cover? The tray which appears to be stained.
Thanks,

1 minute ago, Ujw said:

May well be from further towards the engine
Do you know what that part is? Is it just a cover? The tray which appears to be stained.
To my eyes it seems as if it's leaking out of that plug thing, that's what made me curious as to what part it is.

Thanks.

image.thumb.png.0077bd66ed5eb70f62bdeb2acfb362ac.pngimage.png.768da5a58025ac6349a348b0fd7e9083.png

3 minutes ago, Ujw said:

Thanks,

Hi its a cover they put on some models and not on others, either way the car will have to go on a lift to establish where the oil is coming from, problem with any fluid leak is that oil has a capillary action so it spreads over whatever it touches.

Steve.

Few more pics with one closer towards the centre of the car (seems like nothing is stained there)
Any idea on what the yellow substance could be?

Going to take it back to Petervardy soon (Hopefully they don't try to escape away from it)
They gave me a 0 advisory MOT in November. 

Further up car.jpg

leak8.jpg

leak7.jpg

Edited by Ujw

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, it does not bead. See I'm fairly unlucky with cars lol so my other car also has a leak.
I decided to pour water over both the leaks to see what happens.
The one with the beading is my 2nd car, the one without is my Audi.
I thought oil and water don't mix and will bead.

Does this mean it's not oil?
Thanks

Cruze.jpg

Audi.jpg

7 hours ago, Ujw said:

Hello, it does not bead. See I'm fairly unlucky with cars lol so my other car also has a leak.
I decided to pour water over both the leaks to see what happens.
The one with the beading is my 2nd car, the one without is my Audi.
I thought oil and water don't mix and will bead.

Does this mean it's not oil?
Thanks

Cruze.jpg

Audi.jpg

Hi as said the best way is get underneath and get the cover off to see where its coming from, beading or not its not normal.

Steve.