Audi A5 2.0 TDI 2009 Electronic Hand Brake Button

spartakexer

Hello first of all, the model is Audi A5 from 2009 Coupe S Line.

I noticed this yesterday when I parked on (luckily) flat parking lot at the supermarket, the thing is the Parking Button didn't let me press it down as it usually does and which releases the electronic brake but after few tries the yellow warning started to show on the dashboard about parking brake malfunction. 

I was really confused, tried resetting it with the method put the stick in neutral, up three times and press it down and up again but nothing...

I am not sure if it was caused by the seat belt or something but it never showed any issues before when disengaging the electronic parking brake.

Then I tried to start moving, I put the car in first gear and there was no resistance and I managed to drive home luckily, I felt nothing unusual during the drive home. No burning smell or something more insane than that...

Just this button which controls the electronic hand brake won't depress down as it did before, I am not sure really why is it doing that and if the brakes or calipers are in a good shape...

Literally no idea, will call the mechanic tomorrow to check it out with the computer and the codes.

If you have any experience with this feel free to write thanks.

hope you dont mind me starting with the simplest....when i put the parking brake on i have my foot on the brake first, then lift the switch up and then the red light comes on and the car holds firm. when i set off(say on a hill) there is a bit of resistance and off i go,and of course that then releases the parking brake..... or if i want to, before i set off, i put my foot on the brake put the clutch in and then release the parking brake by hand and quickly set off.i do the latter sometimes say when i am on a flat surface only.....i have never experienced in the time i have had the car your symptoms.but is this how your using your parking brake as how i am doing it.regards stephen

Of course I know I have to press the brake to engage the electronic parking brake, which I always do...

The thing is the button with the P symbol on it which you use for the parking brake won't depress down like something is blocking it but pulling it up works normally, I was afraid I couldn't start moving at all but I could somehow, that is suspicious to me as why and I got the yellow warning for parking brake malfunction 

• Like 1