MMI Upgrade for iphone

TinPot TinTop

I have MMI basic in my 2010 A6. I've seen these on interweb AMI MMI 2G 3G 3G+ Bluetooth 5.0 Aux Audio Cable Adapter Fit For Audi A4 A5 A8 R8 | eBay

Has anyone used them successfully, and do I have to do any other mods? Assuming the new radio module on order fixes my MMi, would like the upgrade.

I saw this used on another forum too. be grateful to hear of anyone's experiences...

910602855_Screenshot2023-05-10150032.png.ea68ca5835485b4431fd689ef1034cee.png

• 4 weeks later...

From what I've read you can plug things into the pre face lift C6's but not the post 2008 C6's. We are stuck with bluetooth phone calls only and memory sticks for adding any extra music which is disapointing for a car of its age & spec that is spot on in all other areas. Well at least thats what I have in my 2011 C6.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this will help you but I have an A6 2010 and I purchased one of these AMI Bluetooth cables and it fitted into the port in the top of the glove box as I was running music from SD card and driving me crazy.

This paired up fine to my iPhone 14 Pro and also paired up the car as well so I get music and calls.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074M7LTNB?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Screenshot 2023-07-11 161803.png

IMG_9993.jpg

IMG_9994.JPG

Hi guys, thanks for getting my hopes up, briefly!!! I've just checked & I have no such extra plug in the top of my glove box.... devastated.... I do have a small blanking square which looks like it can removed to position the plug in the photos you very kindly uploaded. How can the systems be so different?  Can anybody else explain why some have the plug & others don't? Is there something which can be added. I ha

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the bluetooth version plugged it in the back of the nav player & it currently flashes blue, is there anything that anybody knows of that needs to be done to make it work?