Audi quote post servicing.

Wayne B

Hi There,

Newby here Audi Q5 July 2021 33k Miles

Would like a little advice please.

My car went into Audi went into Audi for a service paid for by there service plan. The car was found to be leaking oil from the gearbox and they had the car for 3 months while this was sorted. I picked the car up a month ago fixed. Today I receive a text from Audi cam, I did not get this before. Couple of thinks on there are confusing me? 

Gear box oil change due at 38,000 miles, This is was told was changed when they fixed the leaking oil problem.

Visual check of break pads- Front 60% approx. worn-front brake pads slight lip to discs price during last visit £898.93 

how can the brakes be this much and how could it have a lip?

Am I being ripped off? also the car is on VW lease do i need the works to be completed by a main dealer.

Thanks in advance 

Wayne

1 hour ago, Wayne B said:

Hi There,

Newby here Audi Q5 July 2021 33k Miles

Would like a little advice please.

My car went into Audi went into Audi for a service paid for by there service plan. The car was found to be leaking oil from the gearbox and they had the car for 3 months while this was sorted. I picked the car up a month ago fixed. Today I receive a text from Audi cam, I did not get this before. Couple of thinks on there are confusing me? 

Gear box oil change due at 38,000 miles, This is was told was changed when they fixed the leaking oil problem.

Visual check of break pads- Front 60% approx. worn-front brake pads slight lip to discs price during last visit £898.93 

how can the brakes be this much and how could it have a lip?

Am I being ripped off? also the car is on VW lease do i need the works to be completed by a main dealer.

Thanks in advance 

Wayne

Hi no you don't have to have the repairs done by them any independent garage that turns over £40,000 a year and pays VAT can do it, please check but I am sure that was the ruling when I last checked, as for the discs I seriously doubt there is a major lip and in their estimation the wear would indicate that you still have 40 percent left which is way over the 10 percent required for efficient braking, example being my accountant bought a 17 plate Q5 this year with 68,000 miles from a private dealer and his brakes definitely had lips on the discs and despite the dealer fitting new pads at the front they were wearing unevenly on one side as the disc was scored, I gave him the number of the garage I use [independent] and they specced discs and pads front and back in Brembo E9 marked as well as a full brake system flush with ESP4 for £575.00 inc VAT, I rest my case.

Steve.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi no you don't have to have the repairs done by them any independent garage that turns over £40,000 a year and pays VAT can do it, please check but I am sure that was the ruling when I last checked, as for the discs I seriously doubt there is a major lip and in their estimation the wear would indicate that you still have 40 percent left which is way over the 10 percent required for efficient braking, example being my accountant bought a 17 plate Q5 this year with 68,000 miles from a private dealer and his brakes definitely had lips on the discs and despite the dealer fitting new pads at the front they were wearing unevenly on one side as the disc was scored, I gave him the number of the garage I use [independent] and they specced discs and pads front and back in Brembo E9 marked as well as a full brake system flush with ESP4 for £575.00 inc VAT, I rest my case.

Steve.

Many thanks Steve.

Appreciate you taking the time to reply.

4 minutes ago, Wayne B said:

Many thanks Steve.

Appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Hi please post the resolution to your problem as it forms a roadmap for other members which is what this forum is about.

Steve.

Sounds good Wayne. VAT registered and using Audi approved parts? 
Both questions maybe valid, only because it’s on a VAG lease and service plan.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 
p.s. How long is left on the lease, and what would be your anticipated mileage over that time? You could find you might get away with the existing pads. 

• Like 1