Some buying advice

FPC-DFC

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice. 

I'm looking at purchasing an Audi A6 C7 (2017) SLINE Quattro. 

I suppose, first,  is this a good car?, what issues should I look out for? 

Is this a good car to purchase? 

Thanks. 

Hi, the engine is a 2.0 TDI Diesel 7 gear Automatic DSG, 190 bhp.  I had a look through some videos and still none the wiser. 😀 

If any owners of these models had any advice about maintenance, issues encountered etc, it would be great. 

I'm sure it's a weapon of a car but just have a fear of something going wrong that I haven't checked for. 

Here is a link to it:

https://www.cars.ie/used-cars/AUDI-A6-2017-Louth-1862718

Thanks.  

Edited by FPC-DFC

I had the Avant for two years and around 20k miles. Bought from a main dealer in 2021 with 25k on the clock. it was a 2018 though so might’ve been a facelift on the styling over the 2017. Easily the best all round car I’ve ever had. It’s big though, It feels big. It’s comfortable and it went really well during the winter. It was pretty economical and it never missed a beat. Apart from two services and a gearbox oil change I didn’t have to buy anything for it. My only complaint was the sat nav and media interface were absolutely crap. Prices are mental. Effectively I traded it in during April for more than I bought it for. Build quality is noticeably better over the 2019 A4 B9 S-line black edition 2.0 Petrol we have now. Absolutely brilliant family car. We had two kids under 2, so you can imagine the amount of !Removed! you need to haul for a weekend away. So why did we get rid?  After we didn’t need the double buggy/ pram. The other half started complaining it was too big and she’s the one that drives it daily. Otherwise I’d still have it. As with most VW/Audi engines. EGR and especially DPF’s are going to be expensive if you’re only doing short journeys. 
Best of luck! 

That’s really nice with the white leather, but that’s some serious money. 30k Euro or £25.5k. That’s far too much. The dealer sold mine on two weeks after I traded it in for £22k and it only had 44k miles on it, 2 owners with a full Audi history and was a year younger. 

10 hours ago, FPC-DFC said:

Hi, the engine is a 2.0 TDI Diesel 7 gear Automatic DSG, 190 bhp.  I had a look through some videos and still none the wiser. 😀 

If any owners of these models had any advice about maintenance, issues encountered etc, it would be great. 

I'm sure it's a weapon of a car but just have a fear of something going wrong that I haven't checked for. 

Here is a link to it:

https://www.cars.ie/used-cars/AUDI-A6-2017-Louth-1862718

Thanks.  

Make sure there's proof of gearbox service and quattro system service. Dpf and egr failures are 2 expensive bills.