Oil usage

etd

I’ve got a 22 plate A1 with the 1.0 (30 TFSi) engine and my oil low warning light came on. Is this engine prone to using oil or is this a potential leak?  Cars done approx 13,500 miles

Hello Mark,

At what mileage did you last add oil, and how much did you add? 
Has the car been serviced yet, or is it on a Longlife servicing schedule? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks for the reply Gareth. 

This is the first time I’ve had to top the oil on it up, checked the service indicator and it’s still showing around 6,000 till a service is due. 

1. hi mark.nice place, my in law lives in little neston....could it be a faulty sensor. how would you feel about getting your hands dirty.have a good look around the engine.if you can check underneath the car to make sure that there is no oil leaking from the sump plug.i am assuming you will have to undo the plastic tray underneath to do this.and of course while your under there check all round for oil leaks.if you find any leaks can you take pictures and post them on here please.or maybe have a diagnostic check for any fault codes.thanks stephen

Thanks Mark,

Since this is the first time you have had to add ( probably about 1 litre) in 13.5 K miles from new, then I would say there is nothing abnormal about that. You will probably find that this consumption decreases at the next oil change. Of course if you find it needs more frequent topping up, then you will need that investigated at that time. 
It is clear from what you say, that the car is indeed on a Longlife service schedule which normally means around 18k or 18 months - whichever comes first - between services. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi guys. 

Sorry for not replying sooner. Car has been to Audi for its first service and has now ticked over 22,000 miles without the oil light coming back on. Still not spotted any leaks or had the light coming back on so hoping it was a one off

• Like 1