iPod connection via USB socket

JJP

Go to solution Solved by JJP,

Hello,

I have recently bought an A6 saloon (2023) which has USB sockets for connection of mobile devices.

I have connected my iPod touch but immediately a notice comes up on the screen saying 'This device is not supported'.

The owners manual says that iPod touch/iPhone 5 and later are supported, so I am wondering if maybe my iPod is too old - version 5.1.1 (9B206). Model MC008BT.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks.

Hello Joe, 

Welcome, and thanks  for joining. 
Of absolutely no use to you, but pending someone coming up with a possible solution, I’m in exactly the same boat with a nine year old non-Audi which won’t talk to a ten year old I Pod. Why?? 
Hoping some answers will be meaningful for me as well. 
As a complete non-techie, I’ve wondered about downloading the IPod content onto a memory stick and then trying that. That trial would be firmly based on knowing more terminology than I understand! 
My pessimistic feeling is the IPod is too old. Optimistic approach - let’s hope someone comes up with the answer. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for the reply. Comforting to know I’m not alone. I spoke to an Audi help guy on line (not a chat-bot) who spoke to his tech guys, they said basically the iPod is too old to cope with the latest tech in the car. Someone suggested going down the Bluetooth route so I’m going to try that - trouble is I’m not very teccy so navigating the screens in the car needs a degree in technology and all I’ve got is the owners manual…🤔

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

By way of an update - I was able to connect my iPod via Bluetooth but due to its age only with limited functionality. I was advised to make use of the CarPlay system which works in conjunction with an iPhone. Now I am able to create playlists on the iPhone which can be called up in the car. 
Sadly it seems now that the iPod is fast becoming obsolete. 

• Like 2