Audi Warranty Help Please

Hi,

I'm hoping you can help me.

I bought an Audi Used Approved car back in October, after having a routine check in February by a different Audi branch they told me the brake pads and discs were on the bare minimum and they need changing. So after buying a car from Audi after 4 months the rear brake pads and discs need changing which seems ridiculous to me, as well as that the car had only done 2000 miles since I bought it. 

For many reasons I couldn't act on this straight away, I contacted the Audi I bought the car from early last month and they are saying the will not do anything about it as its been too long. I am now in a month long argument with them as I don't believe I should be paying for these works, there must be some sort of warranty or Audi cover that should sort this.

I'm hoping someone with a lot more knowledge on this than myself can help with my argument to them. 

Thanks in advance

Hello Bradley, 

Thanks for joining and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear of your plight, and these are the considerations and logic which would come to mind, if it were mine:- 
You are dealing with two different Audi dealerships.

The selling Audi dealer (A) decided the rear brake pads and discs were serviceable 2k miles ago when they sold it.

The service checking Audi dealer (B) says they are now unserviceable 2K miles later. 

This is likely to be due to 2 + 2 being greater or less than 4 depending on whether you are buying or selling! 

Beware, Audi dealers often ( let’s be kind!)  err on the side of caution and declare pads and discs require renewing before they actually do. Of course, in your case they may actually be absolutely right at this point in time, but……

Way forward:- take the vehicle along to your trusted local garage and ask them to check the remaining thickness of each rear brake pad, and ask them to proclaim whether they do indeed need changing at this time. 

The timeline:- 

Vehicle bought October 2022.

Vehicle independently inspected Feb. 2023. 
Your complaint registered June 2023, some 8 months after you bought it, and 4 months after you knew about it.
Is it understandable that the dealership should decline your complaint on an unreasonable time lapse? 

Warranty :- highly unlikely this does/would have covered wear and tear, so pads and discs would not have been covered. 

Don’t lose sight Bradley that this maybe much ado about nothing, and you could find the pads and discs don’t need changing at this time. If found that they do, then please don’t pay Audi prices, but get your local friendly garage to renew them using quality parts such as Brembo etc. 

Perhaps you could let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

On 7/14/2023 at 6:43 PM, Magnet said:

Hello Bradley, 

Thanks for joining and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear of your plight, and these are the considerations and logic which would come to mind, if it were mine:- 
You are dealing with two different Audi dealerships.

The selling Audi dealer (A) decided the rear brake pads and discs were serviceable 2k miles ago when they sold it.

The service checking Audi dealer (B) says they are now unserviceable 2K miles later. 

This is likely to be due to 2 + 2 being greater or less than 4 depending on whether you are buying or selling! 

Beware, Audi dealers often ( let’s be kind!)  err on the side of caution and declare pads and discs require renewing before they actually do. Of course, in your case they may actually be absolutely right at this point in time, but……

Way forward:- take the vehicle along to your trusted local garage and ask them to check the remaining thickness of each rear brake pad, and ask them to proclaim whether they do indeed need changing at this time. 

The timeline:- 

Vehicle bought October 2022.

Vehicle independently inspected Feb. 2023. 
Your complaint registered June 2023, some 8 months after you bought it, and 4 months after you knew about it.
Is it understandable that the dealership should decline your complaint on an unreasonable time lapse? 

Warranty :- highly unlikely this does/would have covered wear and tear, so pads and discs would not have been covered. 

Don’t lose sight Bradley that this maybe much ado about nothing, and you could find the pads and discs don’t need changing at this time. If found that they do, then please don’t pay Audi prices, but get your local friendly garage to renew them using quality parts such as Brembo etc. 

Perhaps you could let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thank you for you advice Gareth, I will take it to a garage to assess! 

• Like 1