Ac air blower

grim

Hi all

Having a nightmare with the air con system.  I have nothing lights up can change settings ect but no air coming the the vents at all. The econ light is permanently on. Iv checked the fuses but carnt find/identifie the relay. Iv just swapped the motor it's self for a new one and still nothing. Any tips or pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks Grant.

Could the control unit be at fault? 

Have you done a diagnostic check to see if any fault codes flag up? 

Here's the AC relay types: 

https://m.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/relay-air-conditioning-10463/audi/a6/a6-avant-4f5-c6 

Here's a link to the fuses and relay locations: 

https://fusesdiagram.com/audi/fuses-and-relay-audi-a6-c6.html

Wen I took it off to change the fan it looked brand new (bosh) there was barely any soot on the metal. But that was my next point off call. Long shot but would the air-con be a issue ie if it was empty maby.

Yea no gas in the system could be your issue. As there'd be no pressure either. Might explain why the car sticks to Econ. My A6 sticks to Econ because ac doesn't work. Haven't worked for 6 years but that's the least of my problems now! 

• 2 weeks later...

Update. Changed the control unit still nothing got a multi meter in the back of the plug and its getting 13v so next stop gassing the air con.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my lazy arce up a gased the air con and all is sorted. I would have thought the blowers would have still worked with out but not on this occasion. So I'd check gas pressure as a pre test before changing parts.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ok. So thought I would add to this as it stopped working again. Turns out it was the pressure switch it's self. It's a bumper off job but simple enough. The sensor was lose wen I got to it but changed it anyway as I had new one. Hope this helps.