Audi BUL Cylinder Head

JS78

Hi. I’m new here so apologies if this has been answered before. I have just bought an A4 B7 2.0TFSI Special Edition. It has the BUL engine and I bought we no oil pressure. I took a chance and replaced the oil pump with the non balance shaft mod and it worked a treat for about 2 weeks. However after a couple of weeks it broke down with a bang and a cloud of smoke!! It turns out that the cam chain snapped and smashed the case at the back of the engine. I have today removed the head and it appears that the valves are intact and not bent but I have noticed terrible wear on the 1 cam journal. I have looked to find a new head but they are very expensive! Has anyone got any advice on the best course of action? 
Thanks in advance 

Jamie 

31 minutes ago, JS78 said:

Hi. I’m new here so apologies if this has been answered before. I have just bought an A4 B7 2.0TFSI Special Edition. It has the BUL engine and I bought we no oil pressure. I took a chance and replaced the oil pump with the non balance shaft mod and it worked a treat for about 2 weeks. However after a couple of weeks it broke down with a bang and a cloud of smoke!! It turns out that the cam chain snapped and smashed the case at the back of the engine. I have today removed the head and it appears that the valves are intact and not bent but I have noticed terrible wear on the 1 cam journal. I have looked to find a new head but they are very expensive! Has anyone got any advice on the best course of action? 
Thanks in advance 

Jamie 

Hi it depends on what your perception of expensive, the only other way round it is to get the journals white metal sprayed or inserts fitted by an engineers and a new camshaft, don't know how much that would be, a lesson again in the importance of oil pressure as it only has to be weak for a small amount of time for any metal to metal surface to pick up and score itself.

Steve.