Caliper Carrier Bolt head snapped, Cost of drilling out?

zee64

Go to solution Solved by Magnet,

Hi

This is the driver side rear, On the passenger rear, this bolt has snapped. It's needs drilling out and replacement. What should this cost? So far I got quotes from 300 to 600. Audi will charge for an investigation and just replace everything. I am in London.

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-31 at 16.33.45.jpeg

• Solution

Hello Zeshan, 

Welcome, and thanks for joining. 
I think this will have more to do with finding someone who is prepared to do it, rather than finding someone who will do it at ‘reasonable cost’. 
It is also important that you have confidence in whoever you choose, rather than finding the cheapest option. 
Isn’t it possible to renew the hub support casting, rather than spend good money on getting someone to try to successfully drill the remains out and accurately tapping a new thread! 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/2/2023 at 7:47 PM, Magnet said:

Hello Zeshan, 

Welcome, and thanks for joining. 
I think this will have more to do with finding someone who is prepared to do it, rather than finding someone who will do it at ‘reasonable cost’. 
It is also important that you have confidence in whoever you choose, rather than finding the cheapest option. 
Isn’t it possible to renew the hub support casting, rather than spend good money on getting someone to try to successfully drill the remains out and accurately tapping a new thread! 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Just been fixed with some heat and a hammer, pretty easy job really

• Like 1