myAudi profile picture - coming soon?

mstv

A few days ago I was sure that the MIB3 login screen had changed somehow - normally I'm just pressing continue so don't look very carefully. It seems my initials were appearing next to my name. Looking at the myAudi website that evening, my profile had a black circle with my initials in it, and clicking on this at the top left of the screen allowed the option to change the profile picture. It didn't work - uploading an image to replace the white initial on a black background just resulted in an error and a suggestion to try again later.

I contacted Audi tech support, and was told to do basic troubleshooting (clear cache, try smaller picture, try another browser) - but in the time it took for their reply, the option to change the profile picture was removed from the website. Reporting this back to technical support and challenging them to talk to their developers, I had the following reply:

"Kindly be informed that the feature to change your profile's picture is not yet live and is under development. We apologize for the mistake."

So - keep an eye out for this, as I would expect the end result to be a profile picture in the app, on the website and on the car's login screen.