Driving in ev mode normal battery and sensors

Stubey

Hi,

This is the first Audi I have ever purchased (A3 40 TFSI e 2021 plate) and was wondering. I have been using OBD11 and getting intermittent errors. I was wondering since I drive it ev mode the majority of the time the normal car battery is not charging and the voltage is dropping and the sensors are giving intermittent readings?

Thanks

Stu

Edited by Stubey
Update info

Hi Stu,

What are the errors?  I don't think they are related to driving in EV mode the majority of the time.

I did a 12V battery voltage test a while ago, which you can do yourself to confirm.  Unlocked my car and opened the drivers side door and bonnet.  Put multimeter on the +ve and -ve.  Initially the voltage was around 13.3V (remember with the car ignition off), but then after about 5-10 minutes the voltage dropped to 12.3V after the auto 'power down' when the lights and everything switch off automatically when you first unlock the car or open the door.  Turn on the ignition (EV mode), and the voltage jumped straight up to 13.3V.

Somehow (don't know the specifics), the HV battery is charging the 12V battery.  From my understanding, full EV's still use 12V electrics, so i'm guessing it is the same technology.

Thanks, Joe