car not starting no dash lights

shepped0

Hi All and thank you for letting me join your forum

I have a 2011 Audi a3 8p model s line and love it however i have a problem with it

Drove the car without issue until the other night tried to start it and found i had no dash lights and it would not start

Checked all the fuses and battery and could not find a problem. Left the car for a few hours dash lights appeared and car started right up without issue. Read a little bit on here and found it could be an issue with my dash/clocks as there is an immobiliser located inside them.

Found a few companies that are able to recon the clocks for about £140 however wanted to check the ecu just in case i am 'barking up the wrong tree'

How do i test it as only have this as a very intermittent problem  . I do have a scan tool but i really am a novice and not sure how to properly identify ecu issues My scan tool is icarsoft...Max any help with this much appreciated

I had the same problem with my 2010 A3 sportback 2l diesel.. except mine starts and runs as normal. Dash clocks sent away for investigation and repair. No fault found. Cluster returned, refitted  everything now working fine again. Conclusion..Intermittent fault. Anyone with any remedy to fix this permanently.. rather than removal and reconnection should it happen again would be appreciated.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Clocks returned back cost me £168.00 was told that there were some iffy soldiering joints (dry joints)

Refitted clocks and all seems fine so far however this was an intermittent fault done 200 miles since issue without a problem

will keep you further updated

• Like 1