Audi A3 8PI 2.0TDI making sound in 5th gear

Pande98

Hello guys I recently bought an Audi A3 8PI 2.0TDI and when I'm in 5th gear I take off my foot from the gas pedal it starts to make a continuous noise, in other gears everything is normal. Does anyone knows what may the problem be? 

Pande.

It would help if you could describe the noise. Is it a rattle, a whistle, a rumble, a grinding noise, or something else? I realise it may be difficult if you are using a translator from Bulgarian. but we need a few more clues.

• Like 2

cliffconggin thank you for your answer.

Once I take my foot of the gas pedal (in 5th) it makes an continuous like grinding or whistling noise I'm not sure. I had a brand new clutch kit installed 2 days ago I don't know if that has something to do with my problem cause I bought the car like a week ago. Today I also put an gearbox additive and faced a new problem, when I'm in 1st gear and stop it stucks and I can't go in nutritional, I had to turn off the engine and it disengaged like nothing happened (it happened 2 times as I parked).

Also my clutch pedal it stucks sometimes but I think that has to do with the pump because it was doing it before the I install the new clutch so I'm completly clueless and if the problems escalate I'll be broke too😂

I am no nearer to understanding the noise you mentioned so I suggest you get a professional diagnosis.

What I can say is that fitting an unnecesary new clutch and a gearbox additive is not only wasting your money, it could be making the problem worse and you will be broke even sooner than expected.

When I bought the car the clutch was not engaging correctly and was making loud grinding noises, that's why I changed it.

Now I'll go next week to vw to see what the problm might be, and I'll leave comment in case it will be useful for someone in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Good to read that you have solved the clutch problem. Translators don't always get the right phrase, so I guess "upper clutch pump" is what we would call a "master cylinder".

As a first step to diagnosing the gearbox noise I suggest you drain all the oil out. Examine the oil closely and feel it between fingers. If you detect any solid particles, no matter how small, it indicates something is damaged inside. If you are lucky new oil may make the car usable for a little longer; if you are unlucky the gearbox needs an expensive overhaul. I expect there is some type of filter in the gearbox which should be changed, but having never done it myself I can not be specific.