Hood/bonnet release.

grim

Go to solution Solved by grim,

Hi all

So I was changing the serpentine belt and managed to nock the bonnet release cable out the latch. I checked the leaver in the foot well and that's all good. The option iv come across most is to come up from under the car with a rod with a angle on and pop it in latch and twist. 

Has anyone come across this problem before or even tried sed method them self's any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Grant.

• 2 weeks later...

• Solution

Hi.

Thought I'd put an update incase anyone has this problem in the future. It is a absolute nightmare but it works so just bare with it. So come up from the bottom with a rod with a 90° on either end 30mm on one end and 100mm or more on the other this is just a handle to twist the bar. A inspection camera with a light is a must or your just fishing in the dark. I taped my to a extend magnet. So I could get a decent view and let go. It's very fiddle and and stressful and annoying but so you want to there the bar up and using the camera get the short hook in the lower catch and twist the bar counter clock wise to release the bonnet. Took manny attempts as it pops out drop it ect it all so takes alot more pressure than I thought it would but it works so just keep on and bear with it. Hope the photos help make more sense of it all.

20231117_120645.heic 20231117_120632.heic