Glow plug light flashing

ww1ww219141918

Hi there I have a Audi Q5 diesel and I can drive all day no problem but if I do a short trip drive stop start and drive a stop and start glow plug light starts flashing it comes up boost control valve but I have had new turbo and all new bits fitted but as soon as I do short trip again glow plug light flashing but once I get home turn off car and restart again in morning the glow plug has gone away until drive a small trip stop and start again I wonder if anyone has any ideas all the best David 

Hi Steve it has had all that done it's had so much money spent on it before I bought it but I have noticed that it's take a little while to get operating temperature but heaters seem pretty bad on Thea's cars I love the car but just seems problem after problem you can drive it for miles and the flashing glow plug light doesn't come on but soon as I go for a short trip and turn off get some shopping and start again and on it comes but thankyou so much for your answer iam out the end of my tever so its going in garage on Thursdays so i will keep you updated and hopefully help others on the site best wishes David 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve after a lot of seeing garages and them wanting to charge me to put on machines that tell me already what is coming up with boost control position sensor he said he could adjust it but he said no guarantee which would have cost me 150 pound so I had a thought I went to BP filled car up with BP ultimate I had been used this for a little while but I thought I would fill right up and go on a run but know need for long run as heater plug not flashing since i filled up why i thought of doing this a friend of mine use to get dpf come up when ever he when bellow half a tank so if anyone is out there with this problem please try this first fill car right up with bp ultimate its has worked for me hope this can help others all the very best and all have a happy Christmas 

• Like 1