2007 Q7 auto transmission fault

Nickie94

Hi, I'm looking at selling one of my audi q7s. Its been sat since July this year, took the battery off and charged it up, started up no problem.

Took it for a test drive see how it was and it started like kangarooing about. Put into drive and foot on accelerator it wont go anywhere but revs high, then suddenly jumps and goes, does this for the whole drive and just constantly kangarooing and revving. Like its in the wrong hear, cant select a gear. Engline light came on so got the codes off it and they are the following

P0721 and P0731

Anyone have any ideas what this could be, its never had a gearbox oil service either and is on over 100k miles.

When I had a Touareg there was a trick to reset your automatic gearbox - it doesn't cost anything so might be worth trying.

Basically you put your foot flat on the accelarator, ignition (not engine) on and hold pedal down for 15 - 20 seconds. Then foof off and start it up.

If your battery has been flat it might have caused various errors - this might help reset the ECU/ECM - as an aside, if it's th original battery, then even if you fully charge it, it may already be a goner especially with all of the cold weather.

• Like 1