Audi A4 B7 xenon light

TonyT

Hi I’ve fitted a set of OEM audio xenon lights to my A4 using a wiring loom converter so everything ploughs in but the lights are flickering. Any advice? 

Thanks 

49 minutes ago, TonyT said:

Hi I’ve fitted a set of OEM audio xenon lights to my A4 using a wiring loom converter so everything ploughs in but the lights are flickering. Any advice? 

Thanks 

Hi are the lights second hand? as this kind of symptom is normally caused by bulb/ballast failure, the flickering is caused by a lack of voltage continuity in either module.

I have two of the same car just trying to switch the Xeons I’ve to the lower mileage one that I’m going to keep as it didn’t come with them from the factory we’ve swapped them over using wiring kit 

46 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi are the lights second hand? as this kind of symptom is normally caused by bulb/ballast failure, the flickering is caused by a lack of voltage continuity in either module.

46 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

I have two of the same car just trying to switch the Xeons I’ve to the lower mileage one that I’m going to keep as it didn’t come with them from the factory we’ve swapped them over using wiring kit 

3 minutes ago, TonyT said:

I have two of the same car just trying to switch the Xeons I’ve to the lower mileage one that I’m going to keep as it didn’t come with them from the factory we’ve swapped them over using wiring kit 

Hi you mentioned wiring kit, is it a kit with Canbus control, also were the headlights from the donor car in use recently or have they been standing for a while, also which bulbs do they use?

They are 

2 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi you mentioned wiring kit, is it a kit with Canbus control, also were the headlights from the donor car in use recently or have they been standing for a while, also which bulbs do they use?

They are fresh off 1 week ago the wire I bought of eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282996012246?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=1cNcucJ6SNO&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=2bgbqqtlrqi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=WHATS_APP 

4 minutes ago, TonyT said:

Hi having looked at the product its from a very reputable source, BUT if you read the advert for the cables it definitely states that they will need coding to the new car.

I’ll give it another go tomorrow was just thinking will I need additional 12v power source 

Thank  you V much 

5 minutes ago, TonyT said:

We’ve followed the instructions still no luck 

Hi the problem is that you have to see past the plug in and play bit, it is that way if you have the facility to code them in thats why the vendor offers that service in the description, the flickering is caused by the BCM trying to identify the new type of light by pulsing voltage but it can't achieve the correct voltage against its already learned voltage for the halogen units.

I understand that makes it clear thanks  the guys have snap on and other software at the garage if it doesn’t work I’ll call The seller and take it from there