Possible Boot Leak

Shell77

Hi, I have an A3 2009 convertible that has a boot leak.  I have taken it back to the garage on numerous occasions as they said that they would help as it was originally brought up within the 3months warranty I got with it.  They have told me they can't find where the leak is coming from after putting the hosepipe on it.  I am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and where did their leaks originate?  I must add, he tells me he has checked the seals around back lights and boot.

Welcome Michelle, and thanks for joining. 
Assuming the car is parked outside-? If so - 
One question:- Do you get water ingress simply when it’s raining and the car is parked and not in use? 
Is the water ingress worse when actually driven under road-wet conditions? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Not sure whether it’s mainly on standing or moving to be honest. Don’t have a rear wiper or wash so not that. I am wondering whether it could be coming inbetween the car body and roof where it folds? Don’t want to teach them to suck eggs but have sent through the suggestion to garage.  

Hello Michelle,

So does the car normally live its life outside, or is it normally garaged? 
Is the inside of the car dry? 
Possibly pessimistic, but I think you are onto a hiding-for-nothing to be returning the car back to the seller. 
If it were mine, I would now be adopting a DIY detective approach to finding the leak site/s. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth,

Thank you I am thinking the same thing. The car does live outside. Back seats and floor on back passenger side is damp. I had before when I first took it back to garage have a swimming pool in it!

Thanks Michelle,

This is starting to reveal itself as a possible multi-leak situation, and not necessarily restricted to the boot, by the sound of it. 
As such, I think its resolution requires a methodical approach, by trying to eliminate each possible site in turn. 
Unfortunately it’s going to entail first removing carpeting trim from the boot sides etc. and checking and double checking that the boot lid can be quickly opened via the key once the lid is closed. 
The reason for that is that you now need to find a small agile assistant who is prepared to get into the boot, - armed with a light - once you are equipped with a hose. 
Before going any further, do you feel this is within your capabilities? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Gareth,

I suspect I do have a couple of smaller bodies that may be willing if garage still not able to find it. They currently still have my car and fixing another problem for me with the heaters.