P310B00 - low fuel pressure..

Coolguyat18
聽Share

34 minutes ago, Coolguyat18 said:

Hi guys, any one seen this before?

Seems to be on the low fuel pressure side? Low sensor etc?

Any help appreciated 馃憦

Hi if you publish the codes and symptoms that would help a great deal.

Just now, Stevey Y said:

Hi if you publish the codes and symptoms that would help a great deal.

Hi there Steve, so that is the only code stored (p310b00) and no symptoms etc.

I cleared the code around 4 weeks ago and just noticed it has come back on, so just trying to look in to repairing before an issue.

7 minutes ago, Coolguyat18 said:

Hi there Steve, so that is the only code stored (p310b00) and no symptoms etc.

I cleared the code around 4 weeks ago and just noticed it has come back on, so just trying to look in to repairing before an issue.

Hi it could be a weak lift pump in the tank or a problem with the fuel regulator on the fuel rail even a wrong fuel filter standard 4bar performance 6bar.

5 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi it could be a weak lift pump in the tank or a problem with the fuel regulator on the fuel rail even a wrong fuel filter standard 4bar performance 6bar.

I did read a lot of people have found it to be the fuel pressure sensor but for the low side?聽

5 minutes ago, Coolguyat18 said:

I did read a lot of people have found it to be the fuel pressure sensor but for the low side?聽

Hi therefore it could be the lift pump as if thats gone the sensor on the HPFP picks that up as its being starved of fuel, have you checked/changed the fuel filter recently as if its old or blocked that would cause issues.

8 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi therefore it could be the lift pump as if thats gone the sensor on the HPFP picks that up as its being starved of fuel, have you checked/changed the fuel filter recently as if its old or blocked that would cause issues.

As far as I can tell this code is for the low pressure side and not the high..

Nope not touched fuel filter as these are built into the tanks pump

13 hours ago, Coolguyat18 said:

As far as I can tell this code is for the low pressure side and not the high..

Nope not touched fuel filter as these are built into the tanks pump

Hi the fuel pump has a screen in it to stop big debris I am talking about the actual fuel filter its self in the engine bay.

Steve.

39 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi the fuel pump has a screen in it to stop big debris I am talking about the actual fuel filter its self in the engine bay.

Steve.

Hi Steve, so the fuel filter on the b8.5 I thought was in the tank?

1 hour ago, Coolguyat18 said:

Hi Steve, so the fuel filter on the b8.5 I thought was in the tank?

Hi just looked at parts diagram and you are right its attached to the lift pump and looks like a right faf to change you have to remove the rear seat bottom to get at it and chances are if you have no record of it being changed its the original and just to add joy to the job there are three different types, consulted the garage I use and they said it is most likely cause of your problem, you will also need some new plastic fixings for the rear seat as the old ones are single usage, what a cr@p design most other models are fitted under the floor on the drivers side.

Steve.