Audi A6 c7 headlight issue

Rodei

Hi all. I’ve got a 2014 a6 with a headlight issue. After about ten minutes of driving I would get an error on the dash regarding the right main/dipped beam and it would stop working. It has now progressed to when unlocking the car it will flicker for a couple of seconds and not work at all. Any help is much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Rodei said:

Hi all. I’ve got a 2014 a6 with a headlight issue. After about ten minutes of driving I would get an error on the dash regarding the right main/dipped beam and it would stop working. It has now progressed to when unlocking the car it will flicker for a couple of seconds and not work at all. Any help is much appreciated.

Hi you will have to establish what type of headlight bulb you have, my guess is D3s but yours was the changeover year and could be D5s which have the ballast built in to the bulb casing, the D3s has a separate ballast bolted to the bottom of the light, you don't have to remove the headlight unit as you can get to the back of it via a removable plate on the wheel arch liner this gives access to the bulb housing via unscrewing the cap on the back of the unit, its fairly straight forward if the back of the bulb has D3s stamped on it replace the ballast and bulb, if its D5s you just replace the bulb, personally I have always replaced both sides as the other old bulb wont be far behind the one replaced, I have actually posted a while ago my refitting D5s bulbs on my 2016 A6 its probably in that archive somewhere, but establish which type of bulb you have first.

Steve.