2009 Drivers Door Sensor

Hammie1982

When I open the drivers door of the car, the lights dont come on. 

where would I find the drivers door sensor to replace it?

seems like a simple/silly issue but i want to sort it.

Jason,

Thanks for the reply, I though i was going insane looking for something that wasnt there....
Sorry i dont have a cleaner picture of the door jam, this is  the only photo i have from before i cleaned the area.
Is that depression switch likely to be under the black cable cover?

20240218_111957.jpg

Thanks Jason,
this is exactly what i was looking for.  I realised after some searching around the door Jam that it wasnt a simple older style pushpin sensor.

Now that i have this as a guide, when i get time... Ill get the microswitch looked at and if necessary, replaced.

Thanks again.

20 hours ago, jasonj said:

Hi Neil, you are right, I was trying to Edit it once I realised, but didn't know how. I was answering questions on another topic at the same

time as this. So sorry for that.  Have a look at this  https://www.youtube.com/@jackmeyers2911    and that might be the fault Jasonj 

Have a look at this first . Jasonj 

had a few mins spare yesterday when i was supposed to be doing something else... but procrastinating and decided to have a look.

turns out when i open the drivers door, there is no door open symbol on the dash. so it seems like the car isnt registering that the door is opened at all! (that then explains why it locks itself occasionally too.