Emissions/High idle

adj

Hi all,

New here, and recently acquired a 2.0tdi A4 B7 170 and I'm having a bit of an issue, was wondering if anyone may be able to shed any light on or provide some advice!

The car always idles at 880rpm, never seems to go any higher or lower, and the exhaust stinks. I've done a couple of thousand miles in it and I don't think it's stuck on DPR regen or anything, no fault codes or EML etc.

I've run live data through the car scanner app and can't quite work out what's going on!

When I do the non continuous monitors check, O2 sensor 1 is 20.8%, Vs 14.7% min and 21% max readings, but it passes as it's without tolerance.

I've screenshot some of the live data including MAF, MAP and O2 sensor and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions where to go from here, something doesn't look right to me.

If anyone has any suggestions where the issue could lie or if this looks normal I would really appreciate it!

Many thanks in advance!

Screenshot_20240218-125231.png

Screenshot_20240218-125237.png

Screenshot_20240218-125246.png

Thanks for the reply! I have run a full can of EGR and intake cleaning spray through on the off chance, but that could definitely be something to try and physically check! I assume it's vacuum operated so trying the actuator might give me an indication if it's stuck?

I'm really not sure, not since I've owned it certainly, I've only had the car a couple of months and the history is limited, although it has had a DPF replacement, which I guess could mean everything else is pretty sooted up! I'm trying to work out the easiest way to get direct access to the EGR to spray it directly, would that be the best course of action?

Thanks for your reply!

Appreciate your response and info. From the info I shared do you think this is the most likely cause? I'll watch a few videos and have a go as soon as I get a chance!

Just watched the video, doesn't look too bad to do. I don't have any limp mode issues and plenty of boost, and no codes, but I guess if it is blocked rather than an electrical fault that would be why.