daily start up

Gary maughan

Hi...I have a 2007 3.0l diesel coupe which is reluctant to start first time of the day, engine turns over but won't fire up, if I turn it over a few times stop, then try again it'll go, every start after that is perfect.....is this a fuel pressure issue???....many thanks for any response....G.

Hi Jason....no fault codes, it's just reluctant to fire up, battery is new, engine turns over fine, and once started it's perfect for the rest of the day, but after standing overnight the issue returns.

1. 141k...2. not in the last 3 years since I've owned the car....oil/filter changed in the last 6 months.....I wait about 15 seconds for it to heat up.....so you would recommend leaving that time longer???.....I'll try that and let you know....thanks for your response mate....I really appreciate it.....G.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gary maughan said:

1. 141k...2. not in the last 3 years since I've owned the car....oil/filter changed in the last 6 months.....I wait about 15 seconds for it to heat up.....so you would recommend leaving that time longer???.....I'll try that and let you know....thanks for your response mate....I really appreciate it.....G.

Hi its most likely the glow plugs from the symptoms you describe so it wont matter how long you leave the cycle just get them changed, they are cheap enough to buy and will make life a lot easier, as for diesel freezing that problem went in the early fifties and it was known as waxing where one of the components within the fuel separated and became like lard, modern diesel does not freeze due to the anti waxing and antifreeze additives, if you look at North America and places like Russia that suffer -40 degrees they all run around on good old standard diesel with the only addition of a temp monitor at the tank out feed.