Knocking From drivers side

Hi, having a nightmare with a knocking noise coming from drivers side front. The knock happens when going over rough ground (but only when the car is not under load) when accelerator is depressed the knocking doesn't happen. It also happens under heavy braking. Car has just gone through Mot and asked the mechanic and he said nothing that was checked has wear of any kind that would cause this. Has anyone has similar issues or know what the issue could be. Worth mentioning that when braking it seems to be uneven you can feel the brakes letting off. 
thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigTunaUK said:

Hi, having a nightmare with a knocking noise coming from drivers side front. The knock happens when going over rough ground (but only when the car is not under load) when accelerator is depressed the knocking doesn't happen. It also happens under heavy braking. Car has just gone through Mot and asked the mechanic and he said nothing that was checked has wear of any kind that would cause this. Has anyone has similar issues or know what the issue could be. Worth mentioning that when braking it seems to be uneven you can feel the brakes letting off. 
thanks

Hi from your description I would guess its either lower arm rear bush or a drop link or anti roll bar bushes.

Steve.

11 hours ago, jasonj said:

Hi Ben ,  The mechanic at the MOT, has obviously checked any of the usual arms and linkages .

So That would suggest  to possible Drive shaft .?  Jasonj 

Well I hate to point out that you would have to have the vehicle on a four poster ramp with the wheel off and a large pry bar to check if the bushes have gone soft or drop link travel, and if you could please explain why the topmount on this model fails, I await your empirical deliberations.

2 hours ago, jasonj said:

Jasonj

Hi is that really the best you can do, another YouTube video, I wouldn't mind but its not even the same suspension set up the video demonstrates Mcpherson strut suspension with a bearing turret top mount, Not static shock absorber with multilink pivotal hub steering, I am now convinced you are not even close to informed about what you are quoting and don't understand the dynamics of the suspension type on the posters vehicle.