Autobox lag

Go to solution Solved by chrisevans,

I have a 3.0 TDI 2014 and cannot find an answer to my problem. When you press the accelerator from a standstill the engine revs rise as you would expect but the gearbox takeup is not immediate  and some times not until the revs are quite high This doesnt happen all the time and is only from a standstill. Can be alarming when pulling out etc. I have had the gearbox oil changed Nd it has been remapped but no difference. Help please.

• Like 1

Well its early days (less than 24hrs) but this little trick seems to work. I am not saying its perfect buts its hell of a lot better. Many thanks to Jason for his help.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem with my a6 2013 cvt gear box it lags at gear changes like yours. When at a stand still or when it’s the  first start of the day. 

Hiya. I cant say that I have got to the bottom of the problem. Jasons post regarding this helps but its not the ultimate cure. I have had my gearbox ECU reset at dealers and that didnt help either. I suspect the only cure is a new mechatronic but hate to think of the cost. Sorry I cant be more help.

Hi ya. That thanks for the update.it really helps. I have see a website the sales used and repairs mechatronics. I will see what they can do for me then let u know if it could be a way forward. 
https://controlunits.com/transmission-repair/?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvf_WibzLhQMVmpFQBh0GqwuVEAAYAyAAEgJC8vD_BwE