Most warning lights on

Go to solution Solved by David Fraser Nicolson,

Audi A7 2016 Diesel quattro 275 BHP  

Dashboard lit up with most warning light on ?

Thought battery was goosed but tested and ok ?

Did have engine management light on and was on garage machine and said nox sensor 

That has vanished and everything else on now 

Edited by David Fraser Nicolson
spelling

Hello David,

How was the battery tested to come to the conclusion that it was OK? 
Is the battery the original fitted to the car?

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Tested at work as we have testers we use on various plant around the Port I work at , navigation aids pilot vessels etc , my mate stuck on his new tester to test cold crank when battery was cold, should be 850 CCA ? got about 790 and tester passed battery as good , I had actually trickle charged it a few nights ago at work just in case it was that, must be connected to the engine management light going out it was on before  as the nox and oxygen sensors need replacing according to my local garages diagnostic 

Thanks David,

CCA is usually a good indicator of overall battery efficiency, but if original to the car, then I wouldn’t conclusively eliminate it as perhaps a suspect. Guess the car doesn’t have any longish runs with you. Alternator output checked?

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Battery is second unit I have had but is 5 years old , its a good quality YUASA though , I can see the voltage on my diagnostic app and at idle its 12.8 , don't know if that's normal but wondering if the alternator is healthy

Strange thing is the clock has the wrong time so car must have been dead at some point ? still started though

Hello David,

Certainly agree with Richard. Well worth rechecking, and increasing the revs. to around 2,000 Incase it increases. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Warning light went out driving home , car gave a little hiccup thought I had run over something , only airbag light left on .

Warning light back on this morning though ?

Date and time wrong I noticed had to reset sat nav to auto

ECU  ? or still possible alternator ? thought since I was driving at 30 in a straight line unlikely bad connection

Can't get on a machine till May as all garages booked solid in Shetland groan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Looks like its sorted , I thought I would check the connections around the ECU so removed the bulkhead trim and found about 6mm of silt / gunge in the area below the ECU , the drain was blocked and whole area looked damp , after clearing silt and unblocking drain I dried the whole area with electrical solvent .

10 minutes later all warning light went out and have not reappeared and that was 3 days ago, so hopefully 

• Like 1