Car jerking at low revs and idling high.

My Audi A3 1.6tdi 2011 is experiencing an issue where it will kangaroo down the road at low revs and will idle above 1000rpm. This does not happen all the time but more like once a week. Im suspecting an egr issue but did not know if anyone else had the same issue. 

Thanks in advance 

3 hours ago, shanem1987 said:

My Audi A3 1.6tdi 2011 is experiencing an issue where it will kangaroo down the road at low revs and will idle above 1000rpm. This does not happen all the time but more like once a week. Im suspecting an egr issue but did not know if anyone else had the same issue. 

Thanks in advance 

Hi you wont get a definitive answer until you have had the vehicle scanned and that will give you the codes to get it fixed.

Steve.

Hi,

I recently had issues with rough idle and idle RPMs intermittently switching between 800-1000 RPM, also 1.6 TDI. Turned out to be bad coolant temperature sensors. 

Are you getting any warning lights? What exactly happens when the RPMs are 1000? Could it potentially be a DPF regen? Also, what do you mean when you say the car will kangaroo down the road?

As Steve mentioned, it would be ideal to have a scan to see if there are any fault codes. My car had none but was having the above-described issue.

Edited by ertdes

check all turbo pipe work  to air pipes to

Edited by audia4b5kev
add