Coolant leak?

Wilko91

So i was out yesterday and had the warning light came on, with a check coolant level message. This went on and off a few times. Went home and there is bugger all coolant in the housing, and i steam was coming from a connector to the tank. The temp gauge had not moved at all. Looked today and a bit off coolant has reappeared in the housing. Looks a bit splashy with drips and some pooling below the housing. So a leak it appears. Steam must have been due to pressure build up. So do i just put some distilled water in it and get it to the garage. Or chuck in some G13 and top it right up. Car had a health check end of Dec. I must admit i haven't  looked at the levels, thinking everything is fine after the recent health check. So who knows what has occurred though i gather this is a common fault. I have an Audi extended warranty so lets see what comes of it.

Just dawned on me i had Thermostat and Gear box sump housings replaced in July 23. Lets see i hope i haven got a dud.

1 hour ago, Wilko91 said:

So i was out yesterday and had the warning light came on, with a check coolant level message. This went on and off a few times. Went home and there is bugger all coolant in the housing, and i steam was coming from a connector to the tank. The temp gauge had not moved at all. Looked today and a bit off coolant has reappeared in the housing. Looks a bit splashy with drips and some pooling below the housing. So a leak it appears. Steam must have been due to pressure build up. So do i just put some distilled water in it and get it to the garage. Or chuck in some G13 and top it right up. Car had a health check end of Dec. I must admit i haven't  looked at the levels, thinking everything is fine after the recent health check. So who knows what has occurred though i gather this is a common fault. I have an Audi extended warranty so lets see what comes of it.

Hi Golden rule check all fluids every two weeks, I think you have a leak somewhere and are getting air in the system visually check the hoses around the throttle body and EGR valve as they are prone to leaking also check the hoses under the inlet manifold, the thermostat housing hoses as well, easy to spot antifreeze leaks as they are stained the same colour as the antifreeze even when dry.

Steve.