Mobile hotspot help

Iby Dad

Hi, I’ve just purchased my first Audi, it’s a 2018 Q7 with the technology pack included. I am having issues connecting my mobile hotspot to the MMI, I have tried multiple things but still no joy please can someone help with this? I have connected my phone via Bluetooth fine and got the apple carplay working aswell but it’s just the hotspot I’m struggling with now so would really appreciate the help. Many Thanks

I've got an Audi A6 MH2p MMI. Can you post your version info ?

Mine has WiFi plan from cubic telecom and you connect your phone to it using WiFi SSID e.g. Audi_MMI_999 and a password like dfsg-sdfs-hsgs. It's a paid service BTW, about £70 a year for 60GB.

Edited by Daniel Ralph

Hi Daniel, thank you for getting in touch, Yes I have seen this aswell but wasn’t sure how reliable this service is? Would you recommend a data plan with Cubic telecom? Is there any downsides apart from annual cost.

Being honest. It appears pointless to me. 60GB for 1 year. UK only. I tried it to hook my UTR v1 dashcam but didn’t work. I also seem to need it to auto login to MyAudi on the MMI. Which seems overly complicated. It looks like it’s use case is kids iPads in the back seats. If anyone has better use cases then say.

Audi Connect & Audi Remote are different chargeable services to the WiFi data plan in the car.

Edited by Daniel Ralph