Audi q7 2010 crankshaft sensor

Q7man

Hi all,

I’ve been having trouble with error codes p0321 and p0322 and come to the conclusion the crankshaft sensor needs to be replaced (based on experiences of others online).

so…. We’ve come to get this replaced and the garage have come to replace the part with what we have been supplied (based on the vehicle registration) to find that it’s different. Upon inspection at the garage they have found the part i need to be a sensor which doesn’t have a wire attached to it. The one provided has a wire attached which would plug in somewhere in the engine bay???

We’re really confused as they bought another from GSF instead and it turns out to be the same again. 

Does anyone have experience with the crankshaft sensors for these vehicles? It’s a 2010 3.0 tdi. Do these vehicles have different crankshaft sensors for different year models or are the garage looking at the wrong sensor? Videos on YouTube point to the same sensor my garage are looking at.

Any help is appreciated , thanks in advance!!!

2 hours ago, Q7man said:

Hi all,

I’ve been having trouble with error codes p0321 and p0322 and come to the conclusion the crankshaft sensor needs to be replaced (based on experiences of others online).

so…. We’ve come to get this replaced and the garage have come to replace the part with what we have been supplied (based on the vehicle registration) to find that it’s different. Upon inspection at the garage they have found the part i need to be a sensor which doesn’t have a wire attached to it. The one provided has a wire attached which would plug in somewhere in the engine bay???

We’re really confused as they bought another from GSF instead and it turns out to be the same again. 

Does anyone have experience with the crankshaft sensors for these vehicles? It’s a 2010 3.0 tdi. Do these vehicles have different crankshaft sensors for different year models or are the garage looking at the wrong sensor? Videos on YouTube point to the same sensor my garage are looking at.

Any help is appreciated , thanks in advance!!!

Hi no such thing as a crank sensor without a wiring connector otherwise it wont work, you have to find the remains of the original wiring the sensor is normally by either the crank pulley or where the gearbox joins the engine.

Steve.

• Like 1

There’s a wire which leads to the sensor they located and believe to be the crankshaft sensor. The wiring connects to the sensor which is bolted into place. The sensor I received was a crankshaft sensor with the wiring attached.

can’t get my head around it. Is it possible they’ve located a different sensor and presumed this to be the crank sensor? Would all crank shaft sensors have a wire attached or would some have a 3 pin connector for original vehicle wiring to be plugged into?

I’ve attached a pic of the sensor they located and the sensor I was sent when ordering the crank sensor.

thanks again. Appreciate your feedback.

IMG_0566.png

5ea0218f-a852-47c9-a410-73d43b00a762.jpeg

23 hours ago, Q7man said:

There’s a wire which leads to the sensor they located and believe to be the crankshaft sensor. The wiring connects to the sensor which is bolted into place. The sensor I received was a crankshaft sensor with the wiring attached.

can’t get my head around it. Is it possible they’ve located a different sensor and presumed this to be the crank sensor? Would all crank shaft sensors have a wire attached or would some have a 3 pin connector for original vehicle wiring to be plugged into?

I’ve attached a pic of the sensor they located and the sensor I was sent when ordering the crank sensor.

thanks again. Appreciate your feedback.

IMG_0566.png

5ea0218f-a852-47c9-a410-73d43b00a762.jpeg

Hi the one in the picture is it, the sensor you were sent looks like the one that would be by the crank pulley the sensor you have has the plug socket integral in the sensor. take the old unit out to get the part number.

Steve.