A3 3.2 Misfiring/spluttering jerking

Hi all,

today changed both flexis on the exhaust system as they were blowing, after putting everything back together I also repaired the wire on the plug from the coolant sensor at the bottom hose of the radiator.

drove the car and it is horrendous it splutters, jerks and barely drives hunting trying to cut out, I will look again tomorrow but could this be because of lamdas plugged in the wrong way or something to do with the coolant sensor repair? Although the exhaust was blowing badly it drove absolutely fine until after the repair, I have no idea what could have gone wrong 

8 minutes ago, Jackpotts1 said:

Hi all,

today changed both flexis on the exhaust system as they were blowing, after putting everything back together I also repaired the wire on the plug from the coolant sensor at the bottom hose of the radiator.

drove the car and it is horrendous it splutters, jerks and barely drives hunting trying to cut out, I will look again tomorrow but could this be because of lamdas plugged in the wrong way or something to do with the coolant sensor repair? Although the exhaust was blowing badly it drove absolutely fine until after the repair, I have no idea what could have gone wrong 

Hi I would hazard a guess that if the Lambda sensors are as old as the car its most likely they are shot, in reality they are extremely sensitive and it could be a broken wire somewhere if they are removed, you can't plug them in the wrong way as both the male and female parts are shaped to only fit one way.

Steve.

Hi Steve, thanks for that, strange how I don’t get a EML on either I’m wondering if there’s a way I can test the lambdas