Permanent Live for Dash Cam with Parking Mode

Go to solution Solved by Stevey Y,

Hi. I'm a Newbie so please forgive any brainless inconsistencies with site protocols

Does anyone know which fuse I can piggyback from for fitting front and rear dashcams, both of which have parking mode available (need permanent live even with ignition off to activate in the even of car park collision etc) ?

Many thanks to anyone who answers this or offers advice as it's the first time I've owned an Audi (A3 2022) and no, I couldn't find it on any previous posts according to my search.

• Solution
4 hours ago, BaronVanRusting said:

Hi. I'm a Newbie so please forgive any brainless inconsistencies with site protocols

Does anyone know which fuse I can piggyback from for fitting front and rear dashcams, both of which have parking mode available (need permanent live even with ignition off to activate in the even of car park collision etc) ?

Many thanks to anyone who answers this or offers advice as it's the first time I've owned an Audi (A3 2022) and no, I couldn't find it on any previous posts according to my search.

Hi for your ignition controlled wire find a fuse thats 10 amps or under the 5 amp auxiliary heater fuse is a good one if its fitted, don't use any 10 amp fuse that guard anything like wipers or electric steering and make sure the piggy back spur has the camera fuse, two and a half amp in the top position, trying to find a permanent live is a nightmare so you may have to resort to running a permanent live from the battery with a fused link and routing it through one of the rubber loom boots on the bulkhead to get the wire into the cabin.

Steve