A6 Avant missing an ODB port?

Hi all, new here first post (first Audi after many Passats)....

Just collected my new 69 plate A6 Avant 50 last week from a Dealers in Bury, the EML came on the day after i collected it on my way to work (no warning messgae with it either). I have a 30 day warrantly so they've said i can get it checked out and they will pay the costs, fair enough. But...I looked for the ODB port last night as i had a scanner for my last car and i was curious where it was and whether it would tell me anything before i took it to a garage. Under the dashboard where the ODP should be (according to various online video sources) there is just a hole and no port?? Has anyone else experienced this, could it have gone up inside the dash or been removed for some reason? If the EML needs checking out obvs this won't be possible without the ODB port or is there another way they can check this? 

I am contemplating taking it back to the dealer but I thought it best to get thoughts from anyone who might have had a similar issue.

Thanks

6 hours ago, Coop79 said:

Hi all, new here first post (first Audi after many Passats)....

Just collected my new 69 plate A6 Avant 50 last week from a Dealers in Bury, the EML came on the day after i collected it on my way to work (no warning messgae with it either). I have a 30 day warrantly so they've said i can get it checked out and they will pay the costs, fair enough. But...I looked for the ODB port last night as i had a scanner for my last car and i was curious where it was and whether it would tell me anything before i took it to a garage. Under the dashboard where the ODP should be (according to various online video sources) there is just a hole and no port?? Has anyone else experienced this, could it have gone up inside the dash or been removed for some reason? If the EML needs checking out obvs this won't be possible without the ODB port or is there another way they can check this? 

I am contemplating taking it back to the dealer but I thought it best to get thoughts from anyone who might have had a similar issue.

Thanks

Hi I would personally get it back to the dealer ASAP and ask them where the port is located, you do have one the car would not run without it as its also part of the Can bus Gateway, furthermore I don't know which scanner you have but I doubt it would communicate with the car as most cars 2020 on are equipped with SFD which is a firewall, have a look at OBDeleven thats what I had to purchase to get around the SFD ON MY 2021 VW Passat.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply, I took it a local Audi dealer he knew where it would be straight away. It was behind the panel on the side of the dash, he said it's common for them to be moved if they have a tracker or something fitted apparently. I've got an ECM327 dongle that connects to an app on phone, it worked as well. It's thrown up a P22A7 code, something to do with the NOx sensor heater? I'm gonna get it looked at while it's under warranty I'm not messing with it.