Help required - warranty issues with used car.

matty6

I recently bought an audi a1 2012 1.6 diesel 

And have an engine issue hesitation especially when cold and and indicator problem turning right left operates its under warranty and they say no fault codes nothing wrong with it help please 

Steve Q they say nothing wrong with it first they say I've put petrol in the diesel it's been 4 times its not an audi main dealer just a franchise no sort cold but when cold missing till warms up 

Hello Matty,

Arrange a visit to your local Citizen’s Advice Bureau, and ask their advice on how to make an official written complaint to the selling dealer. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2024 at 9:12 AM, matty6 said:

Steve Q they say nothing wrong with it first they say I've put petrol in the diesel it's been 4 times its not an audi main dealer just a franchise no sort cold but when cold missing till warms up 

Doesn't matter if it's main dealer or not, all dealers have to comply with the sale of goods act. 

Did you put petrol in it? 

If not then it sounds like they're fobbing you off. 

• Like 1

Yes keep making excuses up and won't sort it out its a 12 months warranty on it as well 

1 hour ago, matty6 said:

Yes keep making excuses up and won't sort it out its a 12 months warranty on it as well 

Is the warranty with them or through a third party? 

If purchased within the first 6 months it's responsibility of the dealer to prove the issue wasn't there when you bought it. After 6 months it's the other way around. This applies to all goods purchased with new or used. 

• Like 1

First time i took it in they said mechanic said nothing wrong with it second time they said I put petrol in it 3 time one guy said its a fuel starvation problem but the manager said noting wrong with it so stuck what to do there just ignoring the issue 

I've had my car in an audi garage today they say it's been remapped and the exhaust front flexi is blowing which part of the dpf what do you thinknof that everyone thanks 

What I think Matty, is just the same - get yourself to the CAB, as I keep saying and now even boring myself.

The clock is ticking! 

Hi know I've gt a written report to go with it now thanks trading standards are dealing with it now 

‘Trading Standards are dealing with it now’. 
Possibly pessimistic, but they will take all the details, give you a case number, and you probably won’t hear anything more. Meanwhile, your time limit for rejecting the car could well be exceeded. 
Would I depend on TS actually doing anything to aid your case?? No I wouldn’t.