Deactivate 2024 "Safety Features"

I've discovered since buying my A4 that there are a few safety features that, even if you deactivate them in the MMI, they are reactivated every time you start the engine again. These seem to be mandatory for 2024 models.

Lane assist is an easy one to turn off - just press and hold the button on the indicator stock to deactivate.

Thanks to information I read on the forum, the speed limit warning "bong" that lets you know you're doing 31 in a 30 that was just a matter of adding to favourites.

The one that's troubling me is the pre sense. There's a road I drive every day to work that has a narrow double bend with a wall on the near side. I've driven this road hundreds of times but pre sense thinks that I am about to hit the wall at the side of the road most days.

Most of the time I just get the red warning but the other day it decided that my driving wasn't good enough and fired on the brakes. Luckily, it was a dry road and there was nothing behind me at the time. That's the wall on the left hand side just after the chevrons:

image.thumb.png.4e1bd78c14d3ef50286cd9b8dba529fc.png

It doesn't look like you can add this to favourites as pressing and holding doesn't seem to do anything and there is no longer the option to set it to late as I have done on earlier versions.

I don't believe that it can be deactivated using VCDS, plus I'm unsure of the insurance implications if I was to have an accident and they discovered that I had permanently deactivate it. Does anyone know if it can be accessed quickly without having to go through all of the menus?

Hello Derek,

I’m pretty certain you are stuck with this, but it has been subject to another thread, so well worth doing a search on here for ‘pre sense’. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

14 hours ago, Delberthot said:

I've discovered since buying my A4 that there are a few safety features that, even if you deactivate them in the MMI, they are reactivated every time you start the engine again. These seem to be mandatory for 2024 models.

Lane assist is an easy one to turn off - just press and hold the button on the indicator stock to deactivate.

Thanks to information I read on the forum, the speed limit warning "bong" that lets you know you're doing 31 in a 30 that was just a matter of adding to favourites.

The one that's troubling me is the pre sense. There's a road I drive every day to work that has a narrow double bend with a wall on the near side. I've driven this road hundreds of times but pre sense thinks that I am about to hit the wall at the side of the road most days.

Most of the time I just get the red warning but the other day it decided that my driving wasn't good enough and fired on the brakes. Luckily, it was a dry road and there was nothing behind me at the time. That's the wall on the left hand side just after the chevrons:

image.thumb.png.4e1bd78c14d3ef50286cd9b8dba529fc.png

It doesn't look like you can add this to favourites as pressing and holding doesn't seem to do anything and there is no longer the option to set it to late as I have done on earlier versions.

I don't believe that it can be deactivated using VCDS, plus I'm unsure of the insurance implications if I was to have an accident and they discovered that I had permanently deactivate it. Does anyone know if it can be accessed quickly without having to go through all of the menus?

Hi might be worth getting in to dialogue with OBD Eleven and ask them if their system will deactivate the system as your vehicle is SFD protected and to date they are the only system to have access to the tokens to perform such functions, you wont have problems with insurance as these things cause more damage than they prevent and I suspect in the future they may even load your policy if you have it.

Steve.

I've had a good rake about and it looks like I'm pretty much stuck with this.

my concern is if I disable it and I have an accident of any kind, regardless of fault, the insurance wouldn't pay out.

It's bad at the moment but I can only imagine what it could be like when winter rolls around and the roads are icy

Thanks Derek,

If it were mine, I would be recording my concern in writing to Audi Customer Services. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

Thanks Gareth. I've taken your advice and emailed Audi customer services. They are a tad slow to respond though. So far they've only responded to say that my issue doesn't sound right 😯 and asked me for my VIN and address.

Given that I have now found dozens of threads on forums all over the world complaining of exactly the same issue I have, I'm not sure what they are going to be able to do for me.

TBH all I need is the ability to change it to "late" like I was able to in my last two A5s and I should be ok.

• Like 1

Finally got a response today asking if I would like to book it into my local Audi garage for a diagnostic test.

I've gone back to them explaining that there are dozens, hundreds even, of threads within various car forums all complaining about the same thing. There's nothing wrong with my car, it's the pre sense that's the problem and the fact that on 2024 models you can no longer set it to "late".

Even if there was a way to program the magic button on the steering wheel to turn it off and on I could adapt to that.

So are you going to book it in or not Derek, so you can get a definitive report on this?