2012 Audi A3 Space saver wheel

Guest dorset steve

Guest dorset steve

From research to get rid of that awful spare wheel pump and bottle of sludge, I have just purchased a Golf MK5 space saver wheel and tool foam block for my 2012 A3 sport Sportback 2.0TDI off e-bay. It fits a treat, and the tools fit the foam. If anyone's interested, the wheel I bought is VW pt.No. 1KO 601027B with T125/70R18 tyre. Other marking stamped on the wheel are 1010 829 FE8 3-1/2J ET255. post-573-0-22373800-1349291254_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

Hi, can you purchase the foam insert on its own ? I got the dealer to fit a space saver when car was in for first service. 

Got home tonight to find  wheel in the well and the large foam piece filling the boot...great ! 

Guest dorset steve

Hi, can you purchase the foam insert on its own ? I got the dealer to fit a space saver when car was in for first service. 

Got home tonight to find  wheel in the well and the large foam piece filling the boot...great ! 

Who in their right mind would not fit the foam? Mad. Get them to supply one, it's part of the mod. If they can't, keep your eye on e-bay. Mine's from a MK5 Golf. 

• 3 years later...
On 03/10/2012 at 8:08 PM, dorset steve said:

From research to get rid of that awful spare wheel pump and bottle of sludge, I have just purchased a Golf MK5 space saver wheel and tool foam block for my 2012 A3 sport Sportback 2.0TDI off e-bay. It fits a treat, and the tools fit the foam. If anyone's interested, the wheel I bought is VW pt.No. 1KO 601027B with T125/70R18 tyre. Other marking stamped on the wheel are 1010 829 FE8 3-1/2J ET255. DSCN1078.JPG

That's a great help thanks as I am looking for exactly the same thing for the same vehicle.

One query: Does the 18" wheel fit in the boot recess O.K.?

As there seems to be a 16" alternative version of the wheel. Thanks again, Dave