2003 AUDI A3 TDI SPORT QUATTRO 130 (GMBH) ISSUE

SBLNG

Wondering if anyone can help. I have a 2003 A4 1.9 TDI SPORT QUATTRO (GMBH) and the instrument cluster is not working. I am looking to see if anyone has come across this fault where only the temp and fuel gauge work. The part no is 8E0 820 981.

If anyone has come across this problem or can help please let me know.

Thanks

SBLNG

Can you give us a better idea of which specific instruments are not working or is it a case where everything has failed and only the fuel and temp work? Sorry if that's a stupid question but I've not heard of that many instruments failing unless it's on one of Top Gears supercars for under £1,000 challenges.

Glen.

@Glen. It's pretty much the whole cluster which doesn't work. The information display works and brings up the red oil light warning, the speedo and rev counter do not work at all and the dials do not light up as well as the time and mileage display being very difficult to view and slightly pixelated. The temperature and fuel gauge seem to be working. I'm looking at having the unit reconditioned or replaced whichever is a better option.

Hope that explains it better but it's a weird fault/problem which i can't understand.

It is weird for sure. To be honest I think you're pursuing the right course of action to find a solution because it would have to be a fault with something in control of lots of elements rather than a single instrument.

Glen.

@Glen. I've had an electrician connect his computer and he said it's also weird but seems to be a faulty cluster. Thing is the cluster i have has built in sat nav which is quite rare so finding the part isn't easy. I'm pretty sure most S4's have that extra but my car is a diesel so the petrol S4 won't be compatible with my diesel A4.