Hey all! Newbie here!

SianL

Hiya everyone, new to world of audi ownership - after four years of ford (I know) :)

So far I'm loving the little A3 i have! Although I do have a little question about a scary looking pas light that's staring at me! Not sure where to post it - as I'm pretty useless with forums - so a helping hand would be lovely!

Thanks all

Sian

Hi Sian,

Welcome to the forum!

As an ex-Ford guy, I know where you are coming from.  I loved my Mondy Titanium X, but the dealership could never fix the damp getting in, or the rattling from the sunroof.  The new Mondeo is just too big and the new Focus is just too ugly!  And the depreciation is breathtaking.  So Audi beckoned and the rest is history...

Sorry I can't help with the steering issue, but I expect someone a lot more knowledgeable will be along in a bit.  All I have done is look in the A3 manual.  Of course, it says take it in to an Audi dealer.  If the light is yellow, you have partial assistance.  If it's red, you have no power assistance.  But I expect you can tell that just by turning the steering wheel?

Hi! Thanks very much! :)

Yeah I know the rattling - it was a problem with the fiesta I had, although it was super fun to drive! Your right the newer stuff is massive, I know everyone wants more space but does a focus really need to be that big?!

I do have a yellow light - but to be fair I've had the car for 6 weeks, the lights been on for 2 and there isn't any difference in the 'weight' of the steering at all. I'm praying that its not going to be an expensive problem (although I've had a quick search around and most people with the same problem are saying it needed a steering rack at a cost of £500ish!) so fingers crossed!

I knew I should have opted for a shiny new one instead of a used one!

Did you buy it privately or from a dealer?  If from a dealer, I'd get it straight back for them to fix at their expense, seeing as you've only had it a few weeks.

You could buy a used car warranty,  I don't know if they would inspect the car before starting the cover?

Have a look at:-

http://www.google.co.uk/webhp?source=search_app#hl=en&gs_rn=11&gs_ri=psy-ab&cp=11&gs_id=17&xhr=t&q=used+car+warranty&es_nrs=true&pf=p&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=used+car+wa&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45645796,d.d2k&fp=97d0a445dd354c24&biw=1920&bih=955