Convert from Merc CLK to A8 Quattro Sport 3.0 TD

After 3 disappointing Mercedes with poor reliability and rubbish electrics, I was persuaded to look at Audi's. My daughter has an A4 and I was well impressed by the build quality and the solid feel to the ride. I decided to track down a used A8 and found a very clean 57 plate with lots of toys in black with a light grey leather interior. I have had it now for 2 weeks and am very pleased with my choice. I know its a massive vehicle but it is slightly better than the 2.7 diesel merc in fuel consumption and drives so much better. I am looking forward to a long ownership. 

post-1585-0-36042400-1368222419_thumb.jp

Hello and welcome to the site.

Before I bought my Audi, I considered Mercedes but I was put off by stories about the quality going off over the last few years.  Also a colleague told me that their rear wheel drive was awful in snow and ice.

I'm glad you are enjoying the A8.  It must be nice to have a light grey interior rather than the usual black.  Mine is totally black inside and it took a bit of getting used to after my last car, with black leather & carpets but an off-white headlining.