A3 newbie

Hello all thanks for taking the time to view this post. Where do I start? Well I have just brought a 2000 model a3 1.8t the 150bhp I'm new to the German market normally used to go for Hondas. Well to make a long story short was thinking upgrades. I have already purchased a de badged grill but don't know how to fit it. Got some xenon hid lights the whole kit but again don't know how to fit. Lol I'm also thinking of getting the forge 007 a new panel filter but was wondering what else to do. Could u please respond. I hear a remap will boost bhp almongst other things. All feedback welcome thanks.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to the site!

Can't help with the mods, but there's a guy called "Tech" who is very helpful & knowledgeable.

I had a remap on my last motor, a Mondeo 2.2 turbo diesel.  It wasn't slow before, but the remap really brought it alive.  I was thinking of getting a 1.8t before I settled for this 2.0t, and I had a look at remaps.  You can add another 40 bhp to your motor!  But there's always the risk of drivetrain wear.

Xenon lights have to be self-levelling to avoid dazzling other drivers, and they need headlamp wash to avoid dirt scattering the light and dazzling others.

Watch the panel filter doesn't reduce the engine power by taking in hot air from the engine bay instead of cold outside air.

Best performance mods without touching the engine or turbo are usually remap, then exhaust, then intercooler.  A bigger intercooler can improve power at some revs but reduce it at others.

Good luck!