Incoming noob

BrettMRC

Thought I'd better say hi! 

I've been lurking for awhile - and recently placed an order for an A5 Sportback - going by the delivery dates it's probably going to wind up being a Christmas/New Years present! B)

I'm seriously into cars of all sorts - I've been active on the rotary scene for over 10 years and own the flying !Removed!. (See signature)

I also do a lot of engine rallies which includes motoring around in the Billy Smarts AEC Matador, know as "The Guv'nor" :wub:

As and when my A5 arrives I will try and keep it standard until the delivery guys have left.......... ;)

Hi Brett & welcome to the site.

Rotary - so you've been into RX7's and RX8's then?

I googled Flying !Removed! but didn't really get any the wiser!  :D

A5 is a beaut: what spec, engine and colour did you go for?

Mostly into Rx7's and older :) (I've owned quite a few over the years)

The "Flying !Removed!" is my 1979 Mazda Montrose, fitted with a bridge ported 13B rotary & a GT40-82 turbo - it's quite fast ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnc4KR8xeos  quite a few pics of the cars and other toys here

www.flickr.com/photos/toyokogyo

As for the A5;  I've gone for a 2.0TDI SE Technik with a bucket of toys thrown at it! :D

The RX7 was a nice motor.

And older... One of my mates had a Mazda 110S, mostly good looking but the cabin looks a little too far forward.

post-1420-0-39089800-1381141844_thumb.jp

Flying !Removed!, yes it does look truly awful, but an excellent Q-car after you've breathed on it!!

post-1420-0-27885900-1381141885_thumb.jp

The A5 sounds a peach - enjoy!

Thought I'd better say hi! 

I've been lurking for awhile - and recently placed an order for an A5 Sportback - going by the delivery dates it's probably going to wind up being a Christmas/New Years present! B)

I'm seriously into cars of all sorts - I've been active on the rotary scene for over 10 years and own the flying turd. (See signature)

I also do a lot of engine rallies which includes motoring around in the Billy Smarts AEC Matador, know as "The Guv'nor" :wub:

As and when my A5 arrives I will try and keep it standard until the delivery guys have left.......... ;)

Hi Brett and welcome to the club  :)  Hope you enjoy your new Audi.