Heater

jeffers

Hi,

I have just bought another A4 and got the garage to put another cam belt and water pump on. However the heater on the drivers side does not heat up work and the passenger side is only warm.

Any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like the coolant system has not been bled properly after they replaced the pump.  Does the heating get hotter when the engine is hot and you raise the engine revs to aprox 3000 RPM, then cool again once idling for a minuet or two?

• 2 years later...

Hello Peeps,

brand new member.....  H E L P......!!!

I've had my A4 Avant 1.9 TDi '54 for a few years now, brilliant car great workhorse. BUT lately I've been having a problem with the De mist of the windscreen, nothing coming out...?? plenty of heat, plenty of blast everywhere else but not thru the de mist... ??

It was a periodical fault, annoying but it seemed to right itself.. currently its not working. I'm wondering whether its got anything to do with the thing that re directs the airflow when de mist is selected...??  The other options all work fine.

Any help or advise would be gratefully received.

Giv

Hello Peeps,

brand new member.....  H E L P......!!!

I've had my A4 Avant 1.9 TDi '54 for a few years now, brilliant car great workhorse. BUT lately I've been having a problem with the De mist of the windscreen, nothing coming out...?? plenty of heat, plenty of blast everywhere else but not thru the de mist... ??

It was a periodical fault, annoying but it seemed to right itself.. currently its not working. I'm wondering whether its got anything to do with the thing that re directs the airflow when de mist is selected...??  The other options all work fine.

Any help or advise would be gratefully received.

Giv

Yes, likely to be the flap motors and IIRC you need to take the glovebox out to get to them