A5 Oil Consumption

Scott B

Recently bought a 2010 A5 2.0, 50k miles with full Audi history. Stunning car. Started using 1l of oil every 350 miles. Now have a £6k repair pending for full engine rebuild which Audi have agreed to pay for all parts? Anyone else had oil consumption issues with their post 2008 Audi?

A mate of mine has a 2.0 TFSi A5 that was using a lot of oil.  It turned out that Audi had a batch of bad piston rings that were causing the problem.  Audi had it back and replaced them free of charge, which of course required an engine rebuild.  No charge for parts or labour.  I think it's a 2011 car, as it's a company car and he's been talking choosing about the next one.

Here's a link I found:

http://www.lemonlaw.com/wordpress/audi-oil-consumption-problem/

I would advise finding an independent automotive assessor to argue the case for labour aswell as parts....if Audi are offering to pay for the parts then it suggest liability on their part which would also suggest they should pay for the labour aswell

• 1 year later...

Hi can anyone please give me some advice! I'm looking at buying a A5 2010 TDI And I noticed it had a little Audi case with a bottle of

Oil inside, located in the spare wheel well, this made me wonder if these cars suffer from oil consumption ?

Please could someone tell me which models have the oil issue's

Thank's Ian .

• 1 year later...