Any advice do's and dont's tip and tricks:)

Gingerwayne 75

Hi there

I have just bought myself an Audi b7 a4 2.0 tdi s line 140

And would like to know anything bad / good I should know and any other advice would be greatful

The only things I have done is I've had it remapped and fitted c/control other than that it's all standard

Many thanks wayne

hi mate

sorry i cant offer any advice as im in the exact same boat as you just brought a similar vehicle and ive posted a similar thread for advice.

i need to do a cam belt change soon so requested what else i should change.

is yours a sline .....how you finding the car

Hi there buddy

Yeah mines the s-line and I must say I am enjoying so far

I know I need to front tyres and front lower arms (so I have been informed) to stop a knock over holes and uneven surfaces

Getting about 600-630 miles to a full tank so happy with that

What about you

thats a good average

i filled up a full tank of vpower diesel last night as in first gear its a bit sluggish cost me 92 quid .... but def straight away much smoother in first gear. contemplating doing a double din conversion and fitting a sat nav unit so looking around for good offers.

have you had any answers to your questions yet

Be careful on what u end up buying specialy through eBay. After researching through differant forums found lot of after market stuff to be tacky and not quite what u want. If u dont mind paying a bit extra then search on google ther will be companys that will supply and fit genuine parts eBay is good but can be tricky finding the right parts. I was thinking of getting a double din sat nav unit from eBay but after research found it wasnt realy compatable with my car. Ive found forums and videos showing how u can fit differant parts. Before u buy any items do ur research

Had a quick google search and found this link have a full read of the article to make sure its for the a4 b7 which im assuming u have

http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/topic/60296-how-to-retrofit-a4-centre-armrest/

Have a read if u feel confidant in doing urself have a go. My mate fitted armrest in his a3 himself he said it was fidly and had to cut a hole into the area requires lot of patiance and time cus u dontbwanna cut too much and arm rest is loose as i hear a badly fitted armrest could potentioly be a mot fail

Hope the link helps if its not for the b7 then im sure u can find more articles on net

That's a great link there Gotti thanks

Il be honest I work in the trade anyway so i will get a new one cheep again so I think il go for a new one for that much

The fitting guide is a great help and I will fit it myself I work in a accident repair centre so have a massive selection of tools at hand

• 2 years later...