a3 head unit...

hi new user here...

I have a 1998 1.8T a3 with original radio etc and I THOUGHT it would be just a easy case of take out put the normal 2 blocks in and aerial but no ... so I had to get a different iso adapter... to put in my newer cd player... however it still left me with a single brown (earth wire) so im guessin I need to earth that sumwhere ? or has the new adapter plugs got an earth ? as it worked when I 1st connected it bit went to push it in to the slot and then it stopped working but also the power block into the head unit isn't all that amazing fit but if I pull it back out and hold it in it still doesn't turn on so guessin might have blown a fuse or killed the head unit ?? im pro going to go and buy a new head unit this weekend... any ideas ?

thanks.....

the pic doesn't show the earth single wire which was slid onto the back of the old original... I just didn't want to buy a new one and potentially blow another unit (if that's what has happened)

post-2334-0-75242700-1393071469_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Hi Daz,

If it worked originally it will more than likely be a loose connection where you have pushed it in and it was quite tight. Could have popped something out so I would check this first.

If it was the earth that wasn't connected it wouldn't have turned on at all.

• Like 1