Audi A6 idling/shaking/misfiring problem

yase12

Hello,

This is my first ever post and im not sure if im posting in the correct place so please be gentle Blush2.gif.

I brought a 2006 Audi A6Tdi 2.0 Sline Auto/Tip with 130k on the clock
with full service history about a month ago. When i purchased it i
remember noticing it misfiring when the guy started it but it was due
for a service so thought it was related to that, however I have had it
fully serviced at a independant reputable garage and the problem is
still there. When starting the car from cold it has a slight
misfire/shaking, you can see the rev clock needle slightly playing up
and down but never going over 1000 revs. Once its warmed up after 5mins
or so and i start driving its totally fine but sometimes at traffic
lights it does the same (again only sometimes). Other than that it
drives perfectly fine. I also notice at times its abit sloppy on take
off but im not sure if this is normal as its my 1st Audi.

I remember mentioning the above to the garage guy and he said it may be something to do with the injectors! Any ideas?

All replies will be very much appreciated.

Hi.

I have a 2009 A6 Avant 2.0tdi CVT with 70,000 on the clock. When I first brought my car 2 years ago (48,000 on the clock) I noticed a slightly similar issue.

(Only ever in winter) the engine was very sluggish for the first 5 minutes of driving and the power seemed to be all or nothing... It also did as you described with the revs jumping around at idle. This all went away after driving it around a bit.

I took the car to Audi as it was under warranty and they came back and said that this issue was completely normal and a characteristic of most of Audi's 2.0tdi engines in cold weather.

Phone Audi UK and ask for technical advice, they are very very good for customer service and will help you all they can. Tell them your problem and ask them to investigate as to weather it is a common thing on your engine or not.

Does the car seem to be lacking power and any certain revs

If you are sure it's a misfire or any kind of fault your car will flash up a problem with a light on the dash. Cheapest thing to do is buy a fault code reader (no need to spend any more than £30) and run a diagnostic yourself. A misfire will 100% definitely show up during that.

Hope this helps!

Hi mine is the same on start up misfire's just for a few seconds, My Audi mate says its a common problem to get over this i dont wait for my glow plug light to go out i just start it up straight away and i have no miss fire at all  so try that works for me no probs at all.