A7 warning messages

simrj

I have been getting multiple warning messages consecutively, including TPMS failure, Brake system failure, Parking brake failure, yellow engine warning light and dials flicking to zero and back, also stop/start system failing - this is the only system currently failing but cant drive it with dials moving and messages every few minutes. Been at Audi service for a week, multiple hours being clocked up  (less than 3yrs old but 74,000 miles so out of warranty) with checking wiring and earthing. Audi now replacing management system gateway but not confident this is the problem, this could go on unlimited -  anyone else had these problems ?

• 1 year later...

just experienced exactly the same issue, started with Gearbox malfunction warning light but said safe to continue then the next morning total failure and warning lights everywhere, dials dropping to zero... currently on it's way to Audi! 

What was the diagnosis in the end Newbie?

Hi James, still waiting to hear from them.... the RAC guy who picked it up and plugged it into the his diagnostics said the car has had a proper melt down!

Will let you know what Audi come back with.

Hi James, still waiting to hear from them.... the RAC guy who picked it up and plugged it into the his diagnostics said the car has had a proper melt down!

Will let you know what Audi come back with.

Not sounding good  :(

Do you think you may be able to get any good will from Audi if it's serious?

• 1 year later...

Any answers on this? I've got the issue, never appears whilst I'm driving, I wait for the car to heat up with ignition on then eventually I can turn the car on and all warnings disappear.

Checking battery soon, or could be YAW sensor or the DPF sensor.

happy new year...

well... after the best part of 6 months back and forth to Audi who knows if it's fixed...

firstly they replaced the main wiring loom which had fluid on it from a weak coolant seal but then told me this had in turn ruined the gearbox mechatronics so that needed replacing too (which incidentally was considered consequential damage and not covered fully under warranty) so that bill started at just shy of £7k... then it failed again with the same warnings and it went back in, this time they replaced the circuit board for the gearbox but that didn't fix it so they had to put in a whole new gearbox (which includes a another new mechatronics) which was an additional £11k.... then about a month after that the coolant warnings came up and they had to replace the waterpump... so... if anyone wants to buy a black A7 245tdi specced out with a lot of new parts on it... you know where I am!

I managed to argue most of the cost out of Audi but not all of it, really quite shocking the service and customer care. I've gone from loving the brand to now never willing to buy another car from them.

I'm sorry you've experienced some similar issues I hope you don't endure the same process.

Oh... and I was offered a £250 meal voucher for my inconvenience... WTF

Good luck

That is !Removed!!!

The faults never come up while the engine is on though, will probs get the circuit board replaced as this is common, if that doesn't work I'll look at the mechatronics. 

Lucky I have 2 very competent mechanics in the family so I just buy parts and beers!

thanks for the info