"Telephone is not installed" message on MMI

SouthendMike

First entry on the Forum - be gentle with me!!

I have an A6 Avant 2.0 TDI 6 years old, and I've had it about 5 months.

Everything's working fine - except - today when I switched on, the MMI screen showed "Telephone is not installed", which is strange because I used it about 3 or 4 times yesterday!

The Main Dealer says they will plug in to the Diagnostics doo-dah next week and "resolve the problem", but can any Audi guru give me a clue as to what might have happened?

Thanks in anticipation.

Mike 

• 6 months later...

Hi Southendmike.

I just joined this firum and also own a6 avant se with the same problem. I have posted similar query so we need to keep an eye on each others posts for the solution. I hope we can get an answer.

Is your dealer going to charge to put on the diagnostic and "fix the problem"? How much?

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen other with this problem before and Audi dealers have reported it as a "telephone control unit" or module problem which I think can be quite an expensive part from the dealer

• 1 year later...

Hi all, I have the same issue with my 2007 SE where the display says telephone unavailable even though there are entries in the directory. Also read that the bluetooth module can be at fault, again going for a diagnostic at Audi as my Delphi software wont connect and I dont have Vag-Com yet.

• Like 1